WRBC was officially born 1946. It broadcasted via a public address system, a simple amplifier with loudspeakers. In 1973, the first campus radio transmission aired on 640 on the AM dial. The studio was first located on the tenth floor in the Herman Crown Center on the Wabash side of the building. It was then moved to the second floor of the HCC next door to the cafeteria. The station had a variety of music as well as special interest talk shows. The station stopped broadcasting between 2002 and 2003 due to lack of funding.
On January 29, 2009 WRBC: The Blaze broadcasted for the first time in over five years. WRBC: The Blaze officially returned to the airwaves in February 2009. It is now located in the Gage Building on the fifth floor. Music, sports, news, comedy, pop culture are broadcasted via the Internet 24 hours a day, seven days a week. WRBC is a member school of the Intercollegiate Broadcasting Systems, IBS, and through them uses BackBone, an Internet radio streaming software program. The entire staff of WRBC is volunteer.
The station streams online at WRBC.FM and is located in room 505L of the Gage Building at 18 S. Michigan Ave. on the campus of Roosevelt University.
Send us comments, questions and suggestions!
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-853-3939
Board of Directors:
|L-R: Jeff(sports); Dylan(music); Daniel(station); Brian(continuity); Greg(promotions)|
Meredith Haas - Managing Director
Greg Tovar - Promotions Director
Dylan Peterson - Music Director
Jeff Lewis - Sports Director
Brian Werdell - Continuity Director
Billy Montgomery - Station Faculty Adviser